Thursday 12 July 2012

Online Wholesale

As I may have mentioned (or you may have noticed) I am slightly addicted to shopping. For some time now I have been browsing an online wholesale website Wholesale Dresses. The clothes start at amazingly cheap prices and some escalate out of my price range with duplicates of the same item being sold at different prices under slightly different names.

Many wholesale websites offer very cheap prices for bulk items such as 24 of the same, previously I had found a site which offered 2 of the same and I thought that was pretty good and still very cheap. This site allows you to order one of the item you want as long as it is "in stock" (I will come back to this later).

Online shopping can be very risky and even more so when it is a shop overseas where your language (in my case English) is not the countries first language. I had noticed with the site many people would ask questions and only get half the answers they were looking for or even worse got completely lost in translation and the answer showed no relevance at all.

With this particular shop there are a few things you need to take into consideration when ordering your items.
  1. Possibly the most important is that these models are super tiny and probably have short arms and legs as well so make sure you check the measurements (although they are not always accurate) if it is a style that you have never worn before just keep in mind it probably wont fit you the same way it fits the model in the picture so just go for style you know suit you.
  2. Out of stock items must be bulk ordered, when you place your order everything will be in stock at the time but when it comes to compiling your order they may have sold out of some. There is really nothing you can do about this because it is an internal fault with their calculations (the excuse they give is that they receive so many orders per second it is impossible to keep up to date). I would suggest have a back up in mind as they don't give a refund only store credit.
  3. The pictures on this site are not always what you will get, I think they say that 20% of their stock is made to look like the photo but will not be the same. Just remember the price of what you are buying, if you think you could go out to the shops in your city and find something similar for the same price I would suggest that because you can never be sure that what you see is what you will get.
  4. Finally the shipping, I have mentioned this in my previous online shopping review. Shipping matters, the cost can dramatically change an item from being a bargain to being a rip off. This site has the higher end off the shipping price scale but I decided what I was getting was still cheap enough when the shipping costs were added. A good tip would be don't just buy one item because the shipping for that would be very similar to buying three, but then as your package weight increases by 500g the shipping goes up and they don't have a spend so much get free shipping so you probably can't just buy a new wardrobe from them.
After considering all this I bought a few items from their store, some of which I have fallen in love with and some of which I think I will be giving away...


So onto what I ordered from the site and what I received


Long Sleeve Cloak Shape Coat Green US$9.89
I was pretty happy with this coat, it is fully lined, the measurements were correct and the only real difference is the straps on the sleeves are higher than pictured.


This coat needs a bit of work as all the buttons are loose, it is very similar to the picture although the fit is not as nice and the pleats are a little high, but I do think once iron and fixed up a little it will be great.



This coat was slightly more expensive than the others and I would say it was worth it. The material is nicer and the fit is much better, although the buttons are still a bit loose.



This tunic was a absolute bargain, exactly as the picture. No complaints at all!!!


There really isn't anything wrong with this dress... but it just isn't right, the sleeves don't stick out as far, the collar isn't as round and the back is a lot higher than pictured. I will probably change it a bit myself so it is a bit more special. But yes I was disappointed with this one.


These tights are great, supper fashionable at the moment and so much better than paying $20 in a store. I have worn these half a dozen times already.


This bag is exactly like the picture, it is smaller than I imaged but I checked the measurements and it is correct, I do really like this bag, I am not sure where the pattern is from but I have seen it before. If you know what it is let me know :)


This bag is also just as pictured but again I am not sure about it, there is nothing wrong with it I just think it's not me, probably because it a funny size...


Fashion High Heels Boots White US$9.46
I love these shoes!! I was so worried about ordering shoes because if they don't fit there is nothing you can do (as you can see it didn't stop me). They fit great the only little problem is the ties on the sides are uneven, but when tied you can't notice :)



Again I love these shoes. I have been looking for a pair of black flats for a long time to replace a pair that i wore through but none had been right. I think these will do the trick 


Another pair of fantastic shoes, exactly like the photos and again a perfect fit. My photo isn't very good but the colour is exactly that shown on the site.


Renaissance V-Opening Bowknot Platforms Beige US$6.63
These are my least favourite shoes, they aren't shaped very well so it is easy to get the left and right mixed up. The bows are a bit messy but could be straightened and glued. They fit a little smaller than the others but are still a good buy.


Lace Double-Use Printing Fashionable Canvas Shoes  US$9.46
100% brilliant, exactly as pictured, perfect fit and beautiful colours.


Fashionable Korea Simple Cross High Heels Pumps US$13.51
These shoes are beautiful, however they are too small :( the toes just don't have enough room. But on the plus side they are made well and are great materials.


It is hard to get gloves wrong and these are exactly the same as pictured, lovely and warm too.


The socks are the same as in the picture, they look super cute with the white shoes I bought, however I have noticed they did fray slightly when washed so I may have to hand wash these.



Hot Sale Retro Wheel Printed Zipper Decorated Jumpsuit  US$7.13
Lovely Double-layered Lace Hollow Socks Beige US$6.89
I have never really been sure about the jumpsuit trend but I thought at these prices I would give it a go, unfortunately they were out of stock, which may be a good thing as I later realised my legs are probably a bit too big for Asian clothing.

I had read a lot of reviews of this online store before I decided to buy from them and I have to say I am overall very happy with what I received. I think this may be because my expectations reflected the price of the items and I ordered what I was sure would fit and also suit my size and not just a stick.
The postage was very fast considering some of the reviews I had read had said they took months to arrive, mine took about 10 days from China to Australia.

I would recommend this site if you are after cheap clothes but are also willing to take a risk, I would recommend the shoes and accessories over the clothes themselves but I am sure I will be buying clothes from them again.

Just remember to be sure you are happy to pay the price because there is no way of knowing for sure what you will receive.


Good Luck and Happy Shopping
XX Stacy Lace


If you have any stories from this site or similar sites to share just leave a comment, would love to know what others think or if there are any better sites I can visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment