Thursday 4 October 2012

Warm weather watermelon detox diet

With the weather warming up and Bikinis in the store windows it's time to start thinking about beach bodies!
Now don't get me wrong here I definitely don't think you need to be stick thin to look good in a bikini, I think is all about confidence and being comfortable in your skin.


We all have our good days and bad days when it comes to how we see ourselves. Recently I've been thinking about when I feel best about myself and it's always when I'm being healthy.
So me and my Bestie are giving a detox a go. There are many different types out there and we have opted for what we think is the cheapest and easiest while still sounding like enough food to not faint.
The Watermelon detox was recommended to us as a simple way to cleanse your body and drop a couple of pounds as a bonus.

So how do you do it?
Step one - check with your doctor. Diets, especially extreme ones such as detox diets can be harmful so make sure what you are planning isn't going to risk your health as this is what we are trying to improve.
Step two - buy lots of watermelons
Step three - eat watermelon!!!

Yep it really is that easy, there are a couple of do's and don'ts that go with it.
Do drink water, herbal teas are fine as well as long as you aren't adding honey or sugar.
Do eat enough, it's recommend 1 pound of watermelon per 10 pounds of your weight (that's about 500g per 5kg in metric)
Don't follow this diet for more than 5 days
Don't go straight back to eating whatever, eat vegetarian for a couple if days
And above all don't give up!


Viccy and I are doing a 3 day detox so I'll up date you all on how it went very soon
Xx Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment